Sunday, November 13, 2011

Conferees, Discussers and Commenters Wanted

I like to think about information technology and what we do with information technology, particularly when our use of technology brings about change.  Change is interesting and exciting. At times change is also fatiguing and discouraging.  I like to share ideas about technology and change, and hopefully you do, too.  I'm starting this blog to engage in discussion.  A good place to start is by listing my values:

  • I value discussion and flowing ideas.
  • I value diverse perspectives.
  • I like to organize, synthesize and restructure ideas.
  • I value change, because I believe that we can use change to make learning and education, and ultimately the world, better.

2 comments:

  1. I very much enjoyed your plenary talk at SIGUCCS. One point you mentioned was that legacy issues such as cost structure or HR titles get in the way of evaluating staffing and managing change. How might one get around such issues? HR is not known for moving quickly. I am struggling with this now, where I have essentially reorg'ed my entire department but it's not reflected at all in HR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to post about my approaches with HR soon. I find it particularly challenging.

    ReplyDelete